Sunday, July 15, 2012

The 3rd Time Isn't Always A Charm

I am writing this because I love their donuts. Unfortunately, their service is not as good as their donuts. Yes, I want them to improve.

J.Co and I started well especially that I scored a Free GC from Glenn Ong's Blog (Go to http://glennong.com now! And Hi Glenn!). Megamall isn't really a convenient place for me to go to so I waited for other shops to open. Heard about the Greenbelt opening so I went there right after work but was rejected for a private launch. I'm fine with private launches but I didn't see any news about it there. They were on full blast mode at that time shouting that they would give away 500 free donuts at the Greenbelt open area, on a rainy day. It was wrong for me to assume that they opened for the public already.

July 5, Day 2 of the Greenbelt store, I was glad I could taste it finally. The line was long, it was packed. They had a great launch and things were going well for them, but not for me. I understood that the line was long but it was extremely slow because the cashier was still issuing ORs for every transaction. Also, while I was still in the line, I wanted to buy a dozen that would be put in 2 boxes. The next disappointment came when I was told that I would be charged for 2 half dozens and not a dozen just because of the packaging. Complaining would just be too tiresome so I ended up getting JPops. So much for planning what flavors to get. The box I got was madungis too.

Tonight was my third visit to a J.Co store and it wasn't a charm. Location was bad for the MOA branch but I wouldn't be able to do much about that. The line was long as usual, they had air con installed but it was hot. My dad said that he couldn't breathe in there. Stock was bad, choices were few and I didn't get the flavors I wanted. At the counter, I had to ask them to change 1 flavor since they refilled it only when I was about to pay. They also didn't have JPops at that time and I overheard that it would take an hour for the next batch to finish. I wouldn't be able to do anything about that either, except to hope that they manage their stocks better. While in the line, I observed that the crew had smears of what I hope is their glaze on the sleeves of their black collared shirts and they aren't that skillful in getting donuts from the display. One Alcapone fell from the top display case to the lower one and had to be marked out. Sayang.

Clearly the management should know that there is much room for improvement and it's as big as a warehouse.

Again, I love their donuts. I've only samples their Iced Thai Tea and it was quite bland. I would want to try their drinks more but situations don't allow me too. And my cravings would lessen if operations won't improve.

May they get things right the next time I visit.

Update: Added screenshot of J.Co Philippine's tweet (949 AM, July 16)

No comments:

Post a Comment