Sunday, July 8, 2012

You've got to start with something good!

When you meet someone, you'd always want to start on the right foot. During a panel interview, you'd always want to have a good impression. When you speak to a crowd, you'd want them to give them something great to see and listen to. You need to have the right start in everything and that's why I'm going to begin with something GoodAh!

It's something I pass by everyday on the way to the office but I never had the time. Its marketing, I find baduy: "Pagkaing good for every all" + "Open 25 hours" But without my good friend Yanee, I would have missed this (already discovered) gem.

We were on our way home to the South, breezing through Espana-Nagtahan-Quirino when Yans suggested to eat in GoodAh. We both haven't tried it out so I set my expectations. I'm most familiar with Sinangag Express so that was the peg in my head.

We arrived, parked, and approached the counter. I rarely asked what's the specialty since I like discovering my own dish in whatever restaurant. Almost ordered their 3pc. Pork Chop when Yanee saw their menu that already has drink + dessert by just adding 10. Wanting to eat something familiar, I got the Lumpiang Shanghai combo.

There place was not packed, the Sucat branch was mostly for take out. That helped in maximizing their space for enough parking and dining areas. The interior was far from the competition. We sat comfortable in leatherette seats with tables that are not cramped. The wall about its history was a good display, especially for us first-timers. Servers were quick to attend to you too.

Food came and it was as expected, goodah! For less than a hundred, I had a glass of iced tea, 6 pcs. of Shanghai, atchara, an egg, a big scoop of rice, and mango sago! Yanee ordered Pares. We both were satisfied with the familiar food while they were playing ultra nostalgic music. Think Rick Astley + Informer with a hint of Mr. Boombastic!

We got out of there really satisfied. Other 24-hour breakfast food establishments should learn from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment