Saturday, September 1, 2012

Agahan, Kape, Bulalo, Merienda, Sandwich, Milk Tea

Tagaytay has always been one of my favorite near-Manila-quick-getaway spots. One Saturday, I found myself there after almost being left behind by the transportation at Santana Grove. Good thing Reggie, Tonyo, Ros, Blyn, Ramon, and Raffy were not impatient enough to leave me there.

Breakfast was at old reliable Jollibee at Paseo de Sta. Rosa. Nothing beyond the usual there.

Morning break found us behind Leslie's, at Filibeans. We didn't know where to pass time so we cruised along the main road, found the sign, and tried it out. It was a small space that we took over. I got myself the Tres Lolas special, served in a big glass with fancy whipped cream on top. It's the usual coffee shake with langka, which was surprisingly a good combination. This is where I met Ana and Paul, the unlawyer couple.

After multiple rounds of humor, we figured out the way to Mahogany Market. Bulalo restos were side by side and we did not know where to go. Apps failed us but our instincts brought us Betchay's. We filled a long table right before the lucnch crowd filled the place. Bulalo was without sebo and crispy tawilis was just enough. Full, and almost in a food coma, we went to the next Cafe.

Bag of Beans was not that big before my last visit. My favorite area now has a minimum charge and maximum number of hours. They also now have three parking areas, a buffet area, and worse service. Coffee would always be good but bad service made the place lose its charm. We were there for more than 3 hours because of bad tracking and lack of a system for check out.

Last Tagaytay food stop was at classic Mushroomburger but that was only for take out. 64 pesos got me a mushroom sandwich, better than the burger.

Last last stop was back at Paseo de Sta. Rosa, to check out outlet stores and get milk tea from Moonleaf. Classic Hakka lulled me to relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment